Looking for the best damn burger in San Francisco. And enjoying the hell out of the fries we find along the way.
Nikki – I’m looking for a burger that has some bite, but remains strong and solid. I don’t want the meat to fall apart, but an overall messy burger that drips juices down my arm is perfectly acceptable. I like my meat medium-rare, no onions and no mustard. I know its a crime, but hey I’m the one eating it – not you! All other condiments are welcome to sit on top of my meat. I want the outside of the meat to have a touch of that burned, grill flavor and the inside to be juicy, soft and pink. Did I mention juicy?
Here’s my Yelp Profile if you’re interested in what else I like.
Albie – (to be filled in by Albie, probably never)
How We Rate Burgers
We use a rating system based on 5 stars. The items we are rating are these:
- Size/Price – Is it a good size for what we paid?
- Taste – Does it meet my standard of taste (listed above)?
- Texture – Does it meet my standard of texture (listed above)?
- Toppings – Are they good? Are they fresh?
- Emotion – Did the burger really hit the proverbial spot?
We are basing our style categorizations on the definitions found here: The AHT Guide to Hamburger Styles
Any restaurant inside the city limits of San Francisco. However, the restaurant cannot be a chain. Here’s the list